Innovation and Action (IA) Series
The growing complexity of the shared challenges facing the food and agriculture sector require new approaches. Convening stakeholders with diverse perspectives allows for the broad assembly of knowledge necessary for more holistic and effective solutions.
The FARM Illinois IA Series provides an environment where leaders can co-develop innovative ideas. Through this initiative, FARM Illinois fosters meaningful conversations among trusted practitioners, subject matter experts, and decision makers to share information, examine barriers and consider and pursue new opportunities. The initiative addresses topics important to Illinois’ food and agricultural sector and related to the Food and Agriculture Roadmap for Illinois.
Working Group Process
Elements of innovation and action-focused multi-stakeholder teams include:
- People: Targeted group of relevant stakeholders to examine complex topics that stimulate forward-thinking solutions;
- Method: Refined methodology that ensures dynamic conversations, deeper understanding, and actionable recommendations;
- Research: Generated background materials, best practices, systems context and other information necessary to empower stakeholders;
- Facilitation: Expert facilitation to create meaningful and productive interactions;
- Connection: A diverse coalition of stakeholders with a shared interest in the topic;
- Record: Synthesized proceedings to capture insights and new ideas; and,
- Implement: Advanced post-discussion through a framework for action and evaluation.